Participants in the Footprints outpatient treatment program attend three one-hour sessions a week for approximately three months. Two of the sessions are classes or group therapy and one is a meeting with a professional counselor or certified recovery coach/peer mentor. Every participant has an individual assessment and recovery plan. A weekly drug test is also required.
Classes and groups meet on Monday and Wednesday evenings, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings. Counseling and recovery coaching sessions are scheduled individually.
A. Recovery Classes
Our outpatient treatment program starts with eight classes that focus on the basics of recovery:
- Session One: Values – understanding personal values and prioritizing needs versus wants.
- Session Two: Four Quadrants Of Awareness – identifying likes/dislikes of using/not using.
- Session Three: Disease Of Addiction – understanding the bio-psycho-social effects of substance use disorder.
- Session Four: Mistaken Beliefs – how to differentiate abstinence from recovery.
- Session Five: Recovery – understanding the principles of recovery and practicing them in sessions, as well as in daily life.
- Session Six: Partial Recovery – identifying stuck points and develop alternative options.
- Session Seven: Relapse Prevention Planning – how to list components of relapse and a formulate plan.
- Session Eight: Family – understanding and identifying the roles in the chemically dependent and dysfunctional family.
These classes are held at 6:00 PM Monday & Wednesday and at 11:00 AM Tuesday & Thursday.
B. Therapy Groups
Once the educational component is completed, participants become part of a ten-week therapeutic process group that is led by a certified counselor. These groups meet on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm. The purpose of the group is to help participants implement what they learned in the classes ant to support their desire to continue to grow in recovery.
C. One-on-One Counseling
While involved in the classes and group therapy, participants will meet once a week with a substance use disorder counselor or a recovery coach/peer mentor who is certified by the Missouri Credentialing Board.
An individualized treatment plan is developed and updated for all participants. While involved in the program, a weekly drug test is also required.
E. Paying for Services
Self pay options are available. If you can’t afford to pay we do have special funding to cover these services. This includes help for adult residents of Jackson County, Missouri who meet the COMBAT Eligibility Requirements.
F. How to Get Involved
A formal intake is required to participate in our recovery support services. To schedule an appointment, call (816) 561-0567 or contact us.
Footprints is certified by the Missouri Department of Public Health, Division of Behavioral Health to provide Outpatient Treatment and Recovery Support services.