Recovery Education Groups
Footprints offers an eight topic educational program that focuses on the basics of recovery.
- Session One: Values – understanding personal values and prioritizing needs versus wants.
- Session Two: Four Quadrants Of Awareness – identifying likes/dislikes of using/not using.
- Session Three: Disease Of Addiction – understanding the bio-psycho-social effects of substance use disorder.
- Session Four: Mistaken Beliefs – how to differentiate abstinence from recovery.
- Session Five: Recovery – understanding the principles of recovery and practicing them in sessions, as well as in daily life.
- Session Six: Partial Recovery – identifying stuck points and develop alternative options.
- Session Seven: Relapse Prevention Planning – how to list components of relapse and a formulate plan.
- Session Eight: Family – understanding and identifying the roles in the chemically dependent and dysfunctional family.
Classes are held at 6:00 PM on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
Group Therapy Experience
These classes are the educational component of our eighteen session recovery support program. The second part is a ten-week therapy group experience that also meets on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:00pm. It is available to those who have completed all eight educational sessions and have a desire to continue to grow in recovery.
Individual sessions may be scheduled with professional counselors who are certified by the Missouri Credentialing Board.
One-to-one recovery coaching is also available with certified peer support specialists.
How to Get Involved
A formal intake is required to participate in our recovery support services. To schedule an appointment, call (816) 561-0567 or contact us.